Who are you?
A person who wants to bring positive change to the world and is looking for the right platform to do so. You value brutally open communication, are absolutely not afraid to say your own opinion, have integrity, and take responsibility for your commitments. You love the work you do and are constantly improving your skills, widening your views, and taking unconventional approaches. You are a team player and believe in team success than individual glory. You are also good in documentation and a firm believer in “there is no shortcut to achieving success”.
What do we offer?
- A remote-working environment with flexible working hours. You can choose the hours you will work as long as there is fluid communication and you are achieving the time commitments and responsibilities which have been specified in your contract.
- An opportunity to work with global teams.
- An opportunity to travel internationally and live in other countries, experience the local culture and meet and work with other team members physically.
- An opportunity to make an actual positive contribution for the people and the environment by serving our clients whose operations are based on ethical grounds.
- Salary revisions every 6 months.
- Sharing profits if you prove to be contributing as a core team member.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid work-related education costs.
About the Role
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Web Developer to fill in our long-term remote role. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Doing thorough research and analysis to find the best solutions for a problem
- Delivering fully functional and robust backend solutions from end-to-end such as APIs, Background Services, and Web Sites.
- Delivering fully functional, robust, and responsive frontend solutions from end-to-end such as responsive Web, Mobile, and Progressive web apps.
- Designing SQL and NoSQL database schemas and writing database queries.
- Building solutions that are performant, scalable, and secure.
- Using the latest backend technologies and constantly keeping an eye for what is new out there.
- Writing clean, efficient, and self-documenting code
- Adding code comments where necessary.
- Maintaining code quality over time and detecting areas that need refactoring.
- Thorough documentation, peer review and usage of git repository for code management.
- Thinking and working in an agile environment where your focus will be on delivering value for the end-users in isolated and incremental steps.
- Embrace asynchronous communication with the other team members by using our dedicated chat app.
- Even though working hours are flexible, the communication should be as prompt as possible, since we are all working from different time zones.
- Git source control. Understanding of the git-flow methodology is a plus. Striving to create isolated, frequent, and self-contained git commits along with appropriate commit messages is a must.
- Ability to debug and get to the root cause of an issue, and then solve it.
- Understanding of how and when to use different data caching strategies both for backend and frontend environments.
- Understanding of modern authentication mechanisms such as JWT and OAuth.
- Experience working on at least two medium-to-large projects.
- Desire to learn and stay up to date on current web technologies
- Knowledge of the SOLID principles of Object-Oriented Design.
- Knowledge of N-Tier software architecture.
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Excellent C# knowledge and the latest language features
- Experience developing backend solutions using .NET Frameworks for at least three years.
- Experience with at least two out of the following three RDBMS: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with at least one NoSQL database such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or others.
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs and Payment Gateways
- Understanding of how distributed logging works and experience writing logs.
- Experience developing front-end applications using Angular or VueJs for at least three years.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Excellent knowledge of creating a responsive design
- Experience developing progressive web apps
- Knowledge of module bundlers such as WebPack.
- Knowledge of frontend routing and state management
Nice to have
- Experience working with IdentityServer
- Experience working with AspNetIdentity
- Experience working with either Entity Framework or Dapper.
- Experience building cross-platform Desktop applications with .NET 5 and .NET Core
- Experience developing backend APIs with Nodejs
- Experience with deployments of backend solutions to production or staging environments.
- Experience building and deploying Docker Containers.
- Experience using cloud services of at least one of the following Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Understanding of the Microservices architecture.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Computer Engineering area.