Who are you?
A person who wants to bring positive change to the world and is looking for the right platform to do so. You value brutally open communication, are absolutely not afraid to say your own opinion, have integrity and take responsibility for your commitments. You love the work you do and are constantly improving your skills, widening your views and taking unconventional approaches. You are fully confident to openly say when you don’t know or don’t agree with something and are willing to work on it. As a professional you give feedback and debate over what is the best way to solve a problem.
What do we offer?
- A remote-working environment with flexible working hours. You can choose the hours you will work as long as there is fluid communication and you are achieving the time commitments and responsibilities which have been specified in your contract.
- An opportunity to work with global teams.
- An opportunity to travel internationally and live in other countries, experience the local culture and meet and work with other team members physically.
- An opportunity to make an actual positive contribution for the people and the environment by serving our clients whose operations are based on ethical grounds.
- Salary revisions every 6 months.
- Sharing profits if you prove to be contributing as a core team member.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid work-related education costs.
About the Role
Currently we are looking for an experienced .NET Developer to fill in our long-term remote role. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Doing a thorough research and analysis to find the best solutions for a problem
- Delivering fully functional and robust backend solutions from start to end such as APIs, Background Services and Web Sites.
- Designing SQL and NoSQL database schemas and writing database queries.
- Building backend solutions which are performant, scalable and secure.
- Using the latest backend technologies and constantly keeping an eye for what is new out there.
- Writing clean, efficient and self-documenting code
- Adding code comments where necessary.
- Maintaining code quality over time and detecting areas that need refactoring.
- Thinking and working in an agile environment where your focus will be on delivering value for the end users in isolated and incremental steps.
- Embrace asynchronous communication with the other team members by using our dedicated chat app.
- Even though working hours are flexible, the communication should be as prompt as possible, since we are all working from different time-zones.
- Experience developing backend APIs with .NET 5 or .NET Core for at least 4 years or at least having built 3 different API projects.
- Experience working on at least two medium to large project.
- Experience with at least two out of the following three database engines: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with either Entity Framework or Dapper. Having both is a plus.
- Experience build cross-platform Desktop applications with .NET 5 and .NET Core
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs and Payment Gateways
- Understanding the SOLID principles of Object Oriented Design.
- Understanding N-Tier code architecture.
- Understanding of at least one NoSQL database such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or others.
- Git source control. Understanding of the git flow methodology is a plus. Striving to create isolated, frequent and self-contained git commits along with appropriate commit messages is a must.
- Ability to debug and get to the root cause of an issue, and then solve it.
- Understanding of how and when to use In-Memory caching vs Distributed caching.
- Understanding of how distributed logging works and experience writing logs.
- Understanding of modern authentication mechanisms such as JWT and OAuth.
- Desire to learn and stay up to date on current web technologies
Nice to have
- Experience working with IdentityServer
- Experience working with AspNetIdentity
- Experience with deployments of backend solutions to production or staging environments.
- Experience building and deploying Docker Containers.
- Experience using cloud services of at least one of the following Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- General knowledge of HTML & CSS with the ability to easily navigate your way through such codes.
- Experience writing code with at least one frontend framework: Vue, Angular, React.
- Understanding of the Microservices architecture is a big plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Computer Engineering area.